Sales Manager Cover Letter
Sample sales manager cover letter that can easily be adapted to create your own compelling letter.
A resume without a cover letter often lands up in the trash can. A well written and insightful cover letter provides concrete evidence of your suitability for the sales manager job opportunity.
Take time to target your cover letter to the specific job and persuade the employer that you are the right job candidate.
Sales Manager Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Contact Job Title
Company City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms Last Name
Your recent advertisement for a Sales Manager has captured my serious interest. I am confident that my X years experience as a sales professional provides me with the capabilities to be a valuable asset to your organization. The enclosed resume reflects a well qualified and success-driven candidate for this job.
Some key points that are relevant to this opportunity include:
- successful track record of providing and driving powerful strategic vision to maximize growth and profitability
- achievement of an average X% sales growth over the previous 3 years
- conversion of over X% of customers to "repeat order" accounts
- identification and penetration of new markets to build market share by X%
- effective introduction of new product lines and programs to a diverse customer base
- efficient implementation of operational planning to achieve aggressive budget goals
- proven history of recruiting and developing top performing sales teams across X territories
I am positive that I can deliver the results you are looking for and I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth interview.
Thank you for your time and consideration, I look forward to hearing from you soon.
This sales management resume can easily be adapted for your own use.
The full sales manager job description will assist you in developing your job application.
There are a number of core sales management behaviors that will ensure success in your job. These can be articulated in your sales manager cover letter to highlight your suitability for the opportunity.
In-demand Sales Manager Competencies
- superior communication skills - verbal and written
- high level of presentation skills
- effective negotiation skills
- coaching and motivation skills
- high energy level and stress-tolerance
- high degree of strategic planning
- strong relationship-building skills
- well developed analytical and problem-solving skills
Sales Manager Job Applications
Sales Cover Letter
Sales Resume Objectives
Sales Manager Cover Letter Tips
Sales Manager Interview Help
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Sales Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page
Territory Manager Cover Letter
Territory Managers are sales professionals responsible for operations in a given geographical area. Their main role is to increase revenue by applying effective sales methods. Specific responsibilities for this position include the following: developing sales strategies, aligning sales operations with company objectives, managing staff, implementing sales programs, monitoring employee performance, reporting to senior managers, and managing employee appraisal systems.
A successful Territory Manager should be able to demonstrate the following abilities in his or her cover letter:
- Sales abilities
- Managerial skills
- Persuasion and effective communication
- Self-confidence and presentation skills
- Strategic planning
- Computer competences
- Problem-solving orientation and creativity
- Commercial awareness
Those interested in a Territory Manager position can check relevant job skills in the example cover letter provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Territory Manager Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Territory Manager, check out our more complete Territory Manager Job Description.
Dear Mr. Bey:
Upon discovering your posting for a new Territory Manager, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an experienced and motivated retail professional with 10+ years of experience coupled with exceptional leadership and interpersonal abilities, I am prepared to significantly contribute to JackRabbit’s goals in this role.
My background includes leading multi-unit retail operations, teams, and processes across assigned territories to drive business and customer service success. From supervising store managers and uncovering new business opportunities to driving innovative marketing/merchandising strategies and surpassing sales quotas, I excel at managing teams, coordinating comprehensive logistical issues, and stimulating superior levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Overseeing day-to-day operations for nine LeBalm, Inc. retail stores across Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine with combined sales totalling more than $3.8M.
- Increasing territory retail sales by $862,000 and territorial retail profits by $312,000 between 2011 and 2015.
- Orchestrating comprehensive territory management responsibilities for LeBalm, such as operational leadership, human resources functions, process improvement, and budgeting.
- Coaching, developing, and directing nine Store Managers, with indirect responsibility for 48 store employees.
- Demonstrating solid time management, communication, and multitasking skills to excel within fast-paced, customer-facing environments.
- Earning a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Retail Management from the City University of Boston.
My skills in territorial retail operations and team leadership have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment at JackRabbit. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Haley S. Ryan